I’m currently developing an Android application as a part of my 6th (and final) semester of the Medialogy bachelor. The application tries to recommend bars (and other nightlife venues) based on the user’s friends who are currently logged in at the bars via Facebook Places. To make the recommendation the application looks at your Facebook relationships with these friends and from there tries to determine which of those friends you’d rather hang out with. The application is finally running on a smartphone, and I thought I’d post a couple of screenshots. At this point, there is no graphical elements implemented, so it probably does not look like much.
Archive for May, 2011
As you might’ve noticed I have updated the design of the blog pretty heavily. I don’t think I’ve ever been so satisfied with the look of the site before, so to celebrate it I thought I’d post a small entry about the paper I wrote during my 5th semester of Medialogy in the fall of 2010. While the semester was mainly spent developing an iPhone application, the purpose of the paper was to improve the user experience of a locative media by using lighting that simulated the real lighting at the user’s location, i.e. we made an augmented reality application in which the weather was mimicking the current weather in the real world. We basically concluded that since we did the testing in December, the average lighting differences throughout the day were too small to give us any meaningful results. The paper is written in LaTeX though, which makes it all hot and juicy.
Take a look for yourself right here.