As you might’ve noticed I have updated the design of the blog pretty heavily. I don’t think I’ve ever been so satisfied with the look of the site before, so to celebrate it I thought I’d post a small entry about the paper I wrote during my 5th semester of Medialogy in the fall of 2010. While the semester was mainly spent developing an iPhone application, the purpose of the paper was to improve the user experience of a locative media by using lighting that simulated the real lighting at the user’s location, i.e. we made an augmented reality application in which the weather was mimicking the current weather in the real world. We basically concluded that since we did the testing in December, the average lighting differences throughout the day were too small to give us any meaningful results. The paper is written in LaTeX though, which makes it all hot and juicy.
Take a look for yourself right here.